Friday, June 1, 2012

Up First, My Latest Dress

Let’s get this thing started with our indented topic, sewing.
I just completed this adorable summer dress for the girl. 


It was completed from McCall’s pattern #M6496.
 
I used the tiered skirt and the spaghetti strap top. I did not use the bows or the giant flower. I also opted to make the dress from one fabric rather than the four different fabrics as suggested by the package. By measuring the girl I determined that we needed a size 2 width and a size 3 length, tall and thin what a problem to have. Finally, I have learned from other dresses to secure the sash to the dress. I top stitched this one at the top and bottom of the sash across the front of the dress. This step might not be necessary for an older child but my girl is only 2 will remove anything not attached.
Pattern Review: The package states that this pattern is easy and it was for someone with intermediate skill. It was easy to customize and was relativity quick to construct. The instructions were easy to follow and as it is a child’s garment it does not require exact fitting. I still found the bodice a bit large when compared to the measurements but it is difficult to measure a moving toddler so this could be my fault. I would not recommend it for a first project but it is a fun dress if you have a little skill. B+

No comments:

Post a Comment